When we visited Margaret, sales manager of Potter’s Bend in Markham, she revealed that people traveled from places as far as Scarborough looking for a home. Many young families were looking for school systems in addition to upsizing, with four-bedroom models being the most popular. Why is this?
Markham is one of Ontario’s fastest growing municipalities. Purchasers are happy with the convenience of the location, the excellent transportation system, education system and the shopping. ”Everything is five minutes from here,” Margaret says. “The community is 95 per cent complete, so the area is ready-made to move into.”
The town has a great location where everything you need is a short distance away. Here are a few things that stand out to us about the community:
- IBM is Markham’s largest employer. There are also over 800 science and technology companies in the area
- Markham’s population is just over 300,000 with primarily a Chinese population followed by Canadian, East Indian and European
- Markham has a slew of public and private schools with some of the highest entrance rates into university and college
- Post-secondary institution Seneca College has a campus in Markham at Highway 7 and the 404
- Markham uses Viva, a groundbreaking plan created by York Regional Transit. The town also has its own GO station
- Because of Markham’s German heritage, museums and farms dot the town’s landscape along with parks and trails
- Markham has many malls, but its three largest ones are Market Village, Markville Shopping Centre and Pacific Mall
What’s the best thing about Markham ever? Tell us in the comments below.